Thursday, August 13, 2009

Please don't steal my artwork, any part of it!

So recently I was updating some Zazzle and greeting card universe sites with some new & older illustrations I did. Lo and behold on google I run across MY illustration of my cupcake frenchie on someone elses portfolio! Now while a teeny weeny bit of me was flattered, the other BIG part was thinking WTF?

Who goes and take a persons illustrations and puts them on a professional design job site as their own? Now granted the said person took the cupkace only from the illustration, but hey IT'S MY CUPCAKE ILLUSTRATION! AND.....she used it for an identity package for an actual business. So she probably got paid for it!

So now I have to go through this lengthy process with my lawyer, (yes I have a lawyer people), and figure out if I'm suing or what. Nice, very nice.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Thanks for liking my art, seriously! But please DO NOT under any circumstances take it! Even if you think you are gonna change a few things, it's still copyrighted by me & I WILL contact my lawyer!

J